Wednesday, February 16, 2005

REGIS ALERT!

NEWS FLASH: REGIS PHILBIN JUST WALKED INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE CONFERENCE I'M WORKING AT THE PIERRE HOTEL AND JUST STARTED BULLSHITTING WITH THE 20 PEOPLE HANGING OUT IN THE REGISTRAION AREA. THIS IS HILARIOUS! HE LOOKS AMAZING!
REGIS, IF YOU'RE READING THIS (AND I KNOW YOU ARE) I THINK I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU. YOU ARE SO HANDSOME AND YOUR WIFE IS SO PRETTY (OH YES, I GOT SOME JOY ACTION, TOO.) WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINE?

I'm sorry - that was hilarious. Regis Philbin is just like my Dad - except famous. They're both tiny, loud and funny. Oh, except Regis is FILTHY, STINKING RICH. Sorry, Dad. But you work the short jacket just like he does, though he did ask us for stock tips, and um, the only stock my Dad has any interest in has the prefix "live." I asked him what he was doing here and he said, "What am I doing here? Ha!" in that typical Regis tone. I think he was planning a party, because I heard them say something like, "Oh, then we can use this room, blah blah blah." I have to say, his brief presence really did brighten my day. That's what comedy is all about. That random little joy you can give to people.
Ha!

p.s. - By the way, I totally called him "Rege" like he was my boyfriend. HOT. "What's up, Rege?" "How ya doin', Rege?" "Did you watch Ellen today, Rege?" Ha!